Join us for the Women in Produce Breakfast General Session
Wednesday, June 12 | 8:30 am
New this year, United Fresh’s Women In Produce celebration will be taking center stage at the United Fresh 2019 Convention & Expo, elevating the popular education component coupled with celebrating this year’s Women in Produce honoree.
2019 Honoree: Jan Berk, COO, San Miguel Produce, Inc.
Jan Berk, COO, San Miguel Produce, Inc., will be the honoree and featured speaker of the Women in Produce Breakfast General Session on Wednesday, June 12, at United Fresh 2019 Convention & Expo in Chicago as the traditional reception elevates to a breakfast, allowing more industry professionals to attend and be inspired.
Berk joined San Miguel Produce full-time in 2002 and initially focused much of her efforts on sales, marketing and re-branding, growing their value-added product line, Cut ‘N Clean Greens. Nearly 25 years ago, Cut ‘N Clean Greens was launched as the first specialty, dark leafy greens on the market. Today, it has become one of the leading brands of specialty greens in North America, offering the most varieties of organic and conventional bulk and fresh-cut greens.
Berk became a partner at San Miguel Produce in 2006 with founder Roy Nishimori and expanded her role to include oversight of the company operations as COO. As a growing family owned company, she and Roy have made it a priority to create and sustain a fully integrated food safe and quality-of-life work culture throughout the company.
“For more than 20 years, our Women in Produce honorees have always provided an inspiring look into successful pathways in our industry,” said United Fresh President & CEO Tom Stenzel. “Jan has such a rich career and personal story to share with our attendees that I know she will inspire yet another generation of produce leaders.”
Berk has served on a variety of Ag and community boards and organizations, some of which include: Chair of United Fresh’s Fresh-Cut Board, a member of the United Fresh Executive Committee and Board of Directors, and Ventura County Farm Bureau board member. Berk currently serves on the Farm Credit West’s Local Advisory Committee and as Vice-Chair for the California Leafy Greens Marketing Agreement (LGMA).
- Dan’l Mackey Almy, DMA Solutions, Inc.
- Tonya Antle, Organic Produce Network
- Frieda Rapoport Caplan, Frieda’s Inc.
- Karen Caplan, Frieda’s, Inc
- Margaret D’Arrigo, Margaret, Inc.
- Jan DeLyser, California Avocado Commission
- Lorelei DiSogra, United Fresh Produce Association
- Jan Fleming, Strube Celery & Vegetable Company
- Joline Godfrey, An Income of her Own
- JoAnn Hines, Women in Packaging
- Janice Honigberg, Sun Belle, Inc.
- Cindy Jewell, California Giant Berry Farms
- Lorri Koster, Koster Communications, Coastal Grower Magazine
- Julie Krivanek, Krivanek Consulting
- Teri Miller, The Fresh Market
- Lisa McNeece, Grimmway Enterprises Inc.
- Kathleen Nave, California Table Grape Commission
- Dr. Martha Rhodes-Roberts, Roberts Associates
- Steffanie Smith, Andrew Smith Company
- Heather Shavey, Costco Wholesale
- Mayda Sotomayor-Kirk, Seald Sweet/Greenyard USA
- Rosemary Talley, Talley Farms
- Jenney Tenney, The Kroger Company
- Claire Thornton, The Fresh Approach
For more information, contact Amanda Griffin, Sr. Director of Education & Member Programs, at 202.303.3412.